
So, last night Scott and I went to the library for a few minutes to pick up Eragon for Connor to read. Whilst there, amongst alllll those books, I just couldn't help myself and came home with a stack for myself to look through. I had a great time reading out of Life's Journeys According to Mr. Rogers: Things to Remember Along the Way by Fred Rogers last night while Scott was working on the computer. I liked a number of the little tidbits of advice, shall we say. I will share one or two....
Mr. Rogers shares, "As a relationship matures, you start to see that just being there for each other is the most important thing you can do, just being there to listen and be sorry with them, to be happy with them, to share all that there is to share."
And sometimes don't you just feel like this: "There are times when explanations, no matter how reasonable, just don't seem to help."?
And lastly, for now at least, Mr. Rogers wrote: "The best gifts are often wrapped in the most unspectacular ways. You've probably had many fancy wrapped-up gifts---gifts which dazzle the eyes and impress the neighbors; nevertheless, isn't it the 'heartsurprise' that lingers in your memory and serves to nourish you from year to year?"
And we did have Christmas here, I just need to find the camera and then I can post a couple pics, etc.........
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Just some thoughts
Posted by Patti at 10:18 AM
Labels: Just some thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks Patti for the Mr. Rogers advice. He has always been one of my favorite people. Here's my Mr. Rogers quote: You're much more than your job description or your age or your income or your anything else.
I got that book in a gift exchange this Christmas, I just haven't had a chance to read it yet. It sounds great.
Post a Comment