
When I was resting by Allison tonight, trying to get her to calm down and drift off to sleep, she thought it would be a good idea if we would hold hands. Oh, so sweet. (Now, she hasn't been a perfect angel all day. We talked about being bossy, etc. just before bed, too!)
One of the stories I read to her tonight was titled, "Oh My Baby, Little One" by Kathi Appelt. I read it last night by myself and got teary-eyed. I was able to do fine reading it tonight with her, since I had read it last night. On the inside flap, it reads, "When Baby Bird says good-bye to his mama at school each morning, he feels sad. Mama Bird feels sad, too. Sometimes it's hard to be apart. But as Mama says, the love they share is with them always, keeping them close until the best part of the day - when they are together again." It just reminds me that all too soon, I will be saying good-bye to a little kindergarten girl!
I know, I think too much (and I checked out a book from the library about that, too: "Women Who Think Too Much" by Susan Nolen-Hoeksems, Ph.D. How to Break Free of Over-thinking and Reclaim Your Life). I'm not kidding.
But, I can't seem to get to the thinking-too-much book, because I have spent some of my time reading "Me to We" Finding Meaning in a Material World by Craig and Marc Kielburger.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Can we hold hands?
Posted by Patti at 8:08 PM
Labels: Can we hold hands?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I'd love to know some books you've read recently that you would recommend. I haven't been reading a lot lately (for myself, at least) and need a good book to get me going. :)
You'll have to let me know about the "thinking too much" book.
Post a Comment