Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"Even-Steven" Problem


You see, I have an "Even-Steven" problem: If I blog for one, two, or three of my kids, I sometimes think I must blog for the other one, two or three. Is this a good problem or a bad problem? It's also like this: I spent some time with Connor, Allison and Quinn on Tuesday, but I haven't had my special time with Bubba-Tan. We hope to work on getting his Bobcat in the Cub Scouts when we have our time together. Now, I really don't have this problem all the time (yes, I do), because I know that what my mom taught me is true, "Every dog has its day." So, when one child is honored, another one will have something really cool happen to them on a different day or at a different time. It all works out. Didn't President Hinckley say that?

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I have to agree with your mom on this. I think you're over thinking it. (Wait... it's there a book about that? :)

But that's something I love about you - your "even-steven problem."

Jami said...

You are so thoughtful. Your children are so lucky.

Anonymous said...

that is a beautiful picture of Quinn.
your mom is a very wise woman...as you are too...as much as we try to spend that time with them, as long as they know they are loved...that's all that matters.
jenn