Friday, October 12, 2012


Summer's over...fall has begun.  I just got back from a Girl's Night Out, and one of my friends was maybe going to go home and update her blog.  I decided that I would like to do that, too!  I don't usually go to GNO.  I would rather go out with Scott or be with our family, or do just plain do what needs to be done.  But, this was a group of ladies I was excited to spend time with.  It was a small group, and oh, so refreshing! I love it when someone has an opinion and shares it.  I love to learn what someone else thinks.  Scott took Connor on his Scout Campout, and Quinn was willing to stay with Tanner and Allison.  So, I sneaked out to my friend's home after Quinn's baseball game.  I was a little shy about going, but I'm glad I did!  We laughed, talked, snacked and played a couple games.  

Summer highlights were Quinn's High Adventure canoeing in Canada for lots of days, Connor going to scout camp, Tanner playing in All Stars, Allison's competition in San Antonio (with Tanner and me) and some cousin time.  I did an exercise class with friends at Martin and walked tons with Oki.  I don't have much to show for it, but it was good then ;)

This school year, I'm team teaching seminary with Jacque Morgan.  We have a combined class of 9-12, with about 21 students (maybe 14 on any given day).  Jacque is heaven-sent.  I LOVE working with her.  She is so kind and generous (to me and to the youth).  Seminary is still a huge challenge in my life, but it is much sweeter working with Jacque now.  

I plan to volunteer in the school library on Mondays this year, starting next Monday.  After teaching seminary, I sometimes imagine I'd like to go back to school and become a school librarian.  And sometimes, I don't imagine going back to school just yet or even at all.  But, it's fun to be dreamy.  This summer, Connor and I did some book shelving at the public library for him to earn scout service hours.  Love the library!  No, I really love the library and children's literature.  

I also love fall baseball.  I love the excuse it gives me to get out of the house with the children in the cooler weather.  I enjoy watching them play, whether they are playing ball on the field in the game, or whether they are playing in the grass on the side of the fields.  And sometimes Scott and I will both be at a game at the same time, and that's a treat, too!

I don't have any fancy clincher line to end this post with.  I'll end with the beginning:  "Summer's over...fall has begun."   

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Patti, I think if we lived closer I would force you to be friends with me and hang out because we have so much in common. :) I REALLY want to go back to school someday and be a school librarian as well. I LOVE children's literature and in my dreamy world I would actually really like to write a children's novel. (I actually have started one...because Andrea talked me into it, but I haven't picked it up ever since). Your family picture at the top is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Your children are darling...as are you. I'm glad you updated your blog. It's so fun to catch up a little. :)

Zogg said...

Thanks for updating the blog. Each of your kids is amazing. I particularly like the fancy nancy picture of you and Alison. She is so cute!-Sara

Anne said...

What a cute family!! It is so fun to see what everyone is up to! It was so fun to come see you! :)