Friday, August 28, 2009

She's in Kindergarten

Last playdate of the summer....Elly and Ava came over to play, and dance and dress-up.
Allison the kindergarten girl!
Her locker.
Her spot at the table.
Her big brothers.

She did fine, but I had to hug the teacher. Mrs. Davis has taught both Connor and Tanner. I'm grateful the school honored our request to have her teach Allison. When we went to "Meet the Teacher" night, Mrs. Davis said she's been praying for us to have another child, so that this doesn't have to be her last one to teach. Funny, we've been praying for the same thing!

She had gymnastics right after school on Monday. We still had a chance to talk some about school......I had been told that there were 28 students in Mrs. Davis' class, so I asked Allison about all those children in her class. She said there were like 52, maybe even more, and they had to share lockers, some kids, not her though. She did think the day was long, "when is this ever going to end - wow." She likes Mrs. Davis but was afraid to ask her for a band-aid this morning. She scraped her knee while we were riding scooters to school. Oh, and the school is bringing in another Kindergarten teacher to help with the high numbers. Mrs. Davis said Allison will stay with her---I couldn't be happier!

And I would still like to blog a few things from summer......
just not right now or it will be too hot to exercise outside!

4 comments:

Jami said...

Congratulations. I hope she loves kindergarten.

Stephanie said...

She looks so cute for her first day!

Melissa said...

Math is happy that Allison is in Kindergarden too. Are you guys full day? It is hard to believe!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Allison! She looks adorable and so excited for her first day. Ours is coming up soon!