Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Coloring Eggs







On Sunday, we colored the Easter Eggs. I wrote down some random things the kids said:

Tanner:
"Quinn, look at this."
"Smokey the football."
"Quinn, look at this."
"Ahhh. So warm." (after getting the egg out of the boiling water that makes the plastic stick to the egg)
"Oooooh Mom, look at this."

Allison:
"This is to Sophie. That's why I wrote 'BABY'."
"Mine broke again."
"Are these real eggs?"
"Please pass me another white egg."
"Mom, look at mine."

Connor:
"Whoa, Mom. Look at that egg."
"Mom, look at this egg."
"Mom, it looks like a robin egg."
"The football actually looks cool." (compared to the baseball and soccer plastic wrappers)

Quinn:
"Mom, I did a nice big color."
"I like those little egg wrap around...."
"Make sure I don't have an 'egg-cident'."

Once the eggs were colored,
the kids made some "concoctions" with the dyes (that's what Tanner is doing in the top photo).
Scott and I hid the eggs in the backyard. We think we maybe lost one?
We followed the hunt with eating boiled eggs, some 72-hour kit things we needed to eat,
and homemade chocolate milkshakes!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Your kids say really cute things. I love how Allison thinks about Sophie. ;)

Jami said...

The eggs look great. I am impressed that the kids stayed so clean.

Anonymous said...

Those were so cute! We are doing our eggs on Sunday...have a wonderful Easter!