Sunday, June 23, 2013

Q$G






Q$G.....Quinn cracks me up!  He has finished his junior year.  He hasn't wrecked the car yet.  He still has his lawn business and has a pet sitting job currently.  Quinn has branched out and taken a welding class at school and will take his 4th year of ASL next year.  He took the ACT, and did well in math and science.  He gets to take a TCU speed reading class this summer that should help him with the area he didn't do so hot in on the test ;)  He has gone on some dates....it's neat to see him get the car all cleaned up before he goes out (even though I'm sure it still smells of gas and sweat....)  

He was hoping to do some lifeguarding this summer, but about 5 minutes after passing off his swimming test, he became a live example for the lifeguard trainees!  He passed out, fell over and landed on his chin.  Apparently, he locked his knees, and after doing the test (and it being few hours from breakfast), just checkout out for a few seconds.  As fate would have it, I was on my way to Austin for Camp Grandma, so Scott took off work for the afternoon and spent it instead at the hospital getting Quinn stitches.  I didn't find out about it until suppertime that evening!  

I am proud of him for finishing his 3rd year of early morning seminary.  Quinn and I are excited to have Connor join us in the wee morning hours next year.  He goes to mission prep classes.  I don't know if he will leave on his mission next summer as soon as he turns 18, or if he'll do some school first.  I don't know if he knows yet.  It's hard for me to believe he will be a senior next year.  My first little boy, Q$G!

3 comments:

Leah Prince said...

Quinn is a cool kid. We all enjoy him.

MZP said...

i love reading about your kiddos. such good, kind kids. probably because they have such a good mom ;)

Anne said...

Can't believe that our kids are growing up so fast!! Where did the time go??? Quinn is such a great kid!! He is such a great example to his cousins!! :)