Tanner loves to play the piano, and I enjoy listening to him play. I also I love to hear Jim Brickman play the piano. I pay Tanner to learn Jim Brickman songs to play for me. But then, I started to feel guilty---what 12 year old really wants to be learning Brickman songs when they could be playing Pirates of the Caribbean? I told him recently, that he doesn't have to keep learning them for me. But, oh, how it melts and calms me to hear him play Brickman on the keys while I'm washing dishes.....
Sunday, June 23, 2013
Piano Love
Tanner loves to play the piano, and I enjoy listening to him play. I also I love to hear Jim Brickman play the piano. I pay Tanner to learn Jim Brickman songs to play for me. But then, I started to feel guilty---what 12 year old really wants to be learning Brickman songs when they could be playing Pirates of the Caribbean? I told him recently, that he doesn't have to keep learning them for me. But, oh, how it melts and calms me to hear him play Brickman on the keys while I'm washing dishes.....
Posted by Patti at 7:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a sweet kid to play especially for his mom! And I love his Charlie Brown costume!
Way to go Tanner. I am glad your teacher decided you could do the hard parts too. You are doing great.
Post a Comment