That reminds me about my first day of teaching.....I couldn't believe I was standing there, in a classroom full of darling 2nd graders---a teacher! I thought about my mom and how she had wanted to teach. She sacrificed so much so that I could stand there and be a teacher that fall day up at Ivy Hall Academy. And now, it's our turn. We want to give our kids things that we know they will be so glad they have someday.
I'm also getting excited for the spring. I think it's the nice weather we've had lately. I expect that we'll have a couple more cold fronts before it's really time to start to warm up, but it's making me excited. I just got back from my run and it was gorgeous outside. (3 miles at Stovall.) And speaking of running, Scott and I had to decide which of us was going to run in the Stake Fun Run. I wanted to, and so did Scott. The thing that kept us both from going is Mr. Tanner----he won a hoop shoot contest at the school and gets to go on to the next level at Arlington High. So, we decided that Scott's going to the race with Quinn. I will take Connor and Allison with me to cheer Tanner on.
I am looking forward to watching Quinn play ball again this spring. This morning, he thought that maybe, just maybe, we could go to Arizona for the pre-season of the Rangers and see a game....they'd be cheap tickets, he reminds me (yeah, and that would balance out the travel to get us there ;). He is so excited! It made me feel good that 3 coaches wanted Quinn on their team this spring. He went with the coach who lets him play the positions he likes, and a team that doesn't clobber all the teams. Quinn says he is stretched more as a player when he works hard on the losing team.
Tanner is going to play baseball this spring, too. I can't wait to see him play, since he hasn't played since coach pitch a few years ago on a team with Connor. Connor is going to play soccer again. Connor's thinking baseball in the fall, when it's not as competitive. He is a natural at whatever he touches, but he doesn't have the confidence. How can I give him that? And speaking about Connor, he just got new glasses (it had been a year) and he will go to his Priesthood Preview this Sunday evening. Where has the time gone?
(Don't I say that in every post???)
And little Bug....she's going to be in her first gymnastics competition this spring at Will Rogers in Ft. Worth. They're performing to Cruella deVille.
I am still getting over the grief of the adoption that fell through. But, time is doing its job, thank heavens. I find that I'm happier not to think about it....it just makes me grouchy!
I don't want to end this post on that note, because I don't like that note.
So, I'm ending it on a better note---tell me some things you are looking forward to this spring!
7 comments:
I think we're looking forward to having the heat off... ;) And I'm excited about all the new spring flowers and vegetables I get to plant.
Stephanie,
what are you going to plant?
i've gotten pretty good at "not thinking about it." it works. really.
for spring i get excited to see all the little buds turn into leaves and flowers, it seems magical every year!
I'm looking forward to beautiful weather so I can open my windows! And I can't wait to see the leaves start to come out...Spring is so BEAUTIFUL!!! I think it is my favorite season! :)
I am looking forward to spending time outside with the kiddos...teaching them to ride those new bikes they got for Christmas and just enjoying being outside!
Patti- remember me? I/m Sandy Brinkman's mother. I read your blogs and it is so fun to see how you look just the same and your kids are sooooooo cute...so PRINCE! Keep up the good work and say hello to your wonderful parents! Love, Julie
I think it's time for another post.
Post a Comment