Friday, October 10, 2008

"Little One" turns 5



Allison turned 5 today!

She requested her breakfast in bed for yesterday (so she wouldn't have to rush, because Thursday isn't a pre-school day). She had bacon and....well, mostly bacon, I think.

Today she had pre-school. Mrs. Talley had everything ready. I just brought the Rice-Krispy Treats and the goldfish. She had made her goodie bags a before hand.

She FINALLY got the Baby Alive doll that pees AND poops. She's waited a year for that. Last year, she got the one that just pees. She has talked about it ALL year long.

The other day I called her "little one." She responded that I could call her "big one" now....an almost 5 year old doesn't need to be called "little one."

Today she was opening a little surprise from a friend, and she said that since today was her birthday, she can pretty much leave trash around......to which I responded something like, "and tomorrow you have to be responsible again." She agreed!

She manipuled this birthday thing to the fullest, something she's learned from the brothers to take full advantage of. I told her I would do her 10 item pick up for her after dinner.

Allison was a little sad last night to say good-bye to 4. Four is a good age around here. But, alas! Here comes 5 and we'll enjoy it, too!

My "Little One".....until someone littler comes along. Happy Birthday, Bug!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

We have a real baby that pees and poops if she wants to borrow him ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that she had a good birthday! Happy Birthday Allison! We thought of her today and then thought about the fact we didn't buy her a fun book or something for her birthday. Zora said after her party, we can get her a book...so it will be coming in the mail next week.
Hooray for 5!

Lynette said...

Wow! I can remember when she was born. Time really does fly by! Looks like she had a great day!