Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The fun things they say and do

A little something about each one....

Quinn had this afternoon all planned out, as he is the master planner around here....after doing what he had to do after school, he would practice hitting the baseball left-handed (he's right-handed) and then watch the world series. He also planned a very fun afternoon when the cousins came....races of all sorts. He even had the chart taped to the kitchen wall (he has learned that masking tape is just fine - NEVER THE CLEAR TAPE!)

Connor has been so good at getting his homework done right after school. He got a hit each of his 3 times up to bat at last night's ball game. There is only one more baseball game left. Tonight Connor said he'd rather do 2 other kitchen jobs than empty the rest of the rice into a smaller container! (He ended up just emptying the rice into a smaller container.)

I get to go with Tanner on his field trip to the zoo tomorrow. (Thanks to my friend for watching Allison.) We get to be in a group of 4 children (he got to choose one child - Victoria) and get to go explore the zoo without waiting for the whole second grade. This will be a good time, I'm sure!

Last night Allison was yelling to Connor, "Connor! I got a grass stain!" Her and Tanner were purposely falling off the scooters into grass. She was so proud of her grass stain. This morning I was telling Quinn about it, and he showed interest, "Allison got a grass stain....was it big? was it just little?" She was wondering if it would wash out when I did the laundry! This morning she wanted "the oatmeal that doesn't taste like anything. Regular oatmeal then put lots of brown sugar in it."