Monday, June 9, 2008


Tonight Scott and I slipped off to the store (grocery, that is)...all the younger kids were put to bed, and Quinn was up. Apparently, Allison had come downstairs while we were gone, and she had Quinn write a note of what she would like to tell us:

"Can you buy me a baby doll or Santa give me one? And a baby bottle, new shoes, new clothes, dress up, new book, new marker, lay by me, swingset for babies with a slide, new pink watch."

I asked Quinn if he prompted some and he said that he would ask her if she had anything else.

This reminded me of a time when Scott was home with just Quinn and Connor. I was going somewhere and they wrote me a note:

"Mom, we were so sad when you left tonight. So we decided to write you a note. We love you more than our house, And I just like you mom. I miss you. I love you so much. We like giving you hugs. Nothing and that's all. -Love, The Boys"

Thanks for letting me take, yet another, trip down memory lane.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so very sweet. My kids practically kick me out the door most of the time! LOL

Melissa said...

Hopefully we'll have Allison for Christmas this year...now we already know what to get her!

Natalie C. said...

So cute- really cute picture of Allison! When I left my family & went to my sister's wedding in Utah for a few days recently, Eli asked me if I wanted to bring a stuffed animal or a picture of them with me to remember him & Mia & make me feel better. Just cute communication that doesn't happen that often. :)