Thursday, June 5, 2008

Quinn's a Bulldog Now!
Today was Quinn's graduation from Corey Elementary. It was fun for him, but tough for me. I have a hard time with all this growing up stuff. Quinn is such a good little guy. He received awards, including the boys overall p.e. award. He has always made me so proud to be his mom. I was thinking back through the years..... so excited to be a penguin for penguin day (we cut a white felt oval out and put it on a black sweat shirt), when reading "clicked" in kindergarten, when he was so excited to lose a tooth before first grade started, when he learned to like reading more because of Mr. K, past award ceremonies, safety patrol, chess club, the day he was born, his Clifford on his bed he still sleeps with, his love for the outdoors, baseball, and crafts. I love how he doesn't really care what others think or are going to do. He brought his new Boles Bulldog p.e. uniform to change into for the graduation party after the awards. I will miss having all 3 boys at the same school. He has set up such a nice path for the rest of the kids to follow. What a wonderful boy Quinn is.



3 comments:

Melissa said...

Yeah Quinn...I even remember him so little at the airport when John left on his mission...the time has gone fast.

Natalie C. said...

Patti, you have a blog! I hope you won't mind if I stop by & see what you guys are up to occasionally. :) I love, love, love keeping in touch with people by blogging. :)

I love how you listed your memories of Quinn's elementary experience.

Anonymous said...

Ever since we met Quinn at the age of 1 he has been a shining light. Now both our boys (on different paths) are graduating elementary school. The days are sweet but go by so fast.