I know it's been a long time since I've written. I want to blog. I just don't want to take the time to blog. But, I want a place to put the things we're doing and what I'm thinking, and to stay in touch with family, and to keep for our own family history. It can sometimes feel overwhelming. But, as I read other blogs, I think that it's such a wonderful place to see pictures and read words with feelings that will be a treasure for years to come.
I don't need to catch up on the world, but Allison was baptized last October....we took a last minute family vacation to California to play with Greenwood cousins over Christmas....Quinn broke his arm at wrestling practice....Tanner was in the paper for writing a paper....Connor has played football and run cross-country and track this year.
I am trying desperately to finish up this second year of seminary. I haven't missed a day of teaching yet. (I have missed some inservices, but not a day of teaching). And no, I don't feel like I need to keep it up for the next 2 years, however, I also won't throw away my attendance record for just anything.
Scott is getting things ready for Scout camp. We got to sneak off, thanks to Stephanie and a friend, to Dallan and Carrie's wedding in Seattle. Loved the market and the laughs! Scott would just like to go on a bike ride, but seems to be filling his time up instead with teaching Connor how to home teach (trimming shrubs), playing catch with Quinn, going to Tanner's ballgames and trying to figure out how to get on Allison's good side.....
I didn't even answer the phone when the school tried to call and tell me what had happened....I'm thinking thoughts like: "who is this call from Lemoine?? he keeps calling me!! I am trying to get ready to get the kids from the elementary school!! why won't he just leave me a message??" BECAUSE YOUR SON BROKE HIS ARM AND IS GOING TO THE HOSPITAL IN AN AMBULANCE! That's why we keep calling you, and why I am not leaving you a message!
That link, my friends, should take you to Tanner's animal essay contest that won him 3rd place in the 5th grade entries in Arlington.
This link shows Tanner getting a second with Mayor Cluck. He is about 1:25 in the clip.
This will hopefully take you to the picture of when Scott and I got to go to the school to surprise Tanner! He didn't want to enter this essay contest when I showed it to him at the library. But, thanks to his wonderful teacher, Mrs. Doskocil, who encouraged the students to enter, he did! BTW, Mrs. Doskocil is retiring this year. I am saddish because she taught all 3 boys, and I would've liked Allison to have had her. It is becoming extremely challenging to have any creativity and fun in the classroom because of state mandated testing, so she has prayed and decided it was time to leave teaching. We love our teachers!
Connor is on the top ladder at the top. How cool is that to climb on, on your campout with the scouts and your dad?! I tried to get a picture of Connor at a track meet, but I haven't been able to get one on. (That is one reason why it drives me nuts to blog....I can't figure it all out and it takes a long time).



5 comments:
That was fun to look at! Enjoyed the links too. Everyone is doing well!
I'm so glad you wrote on my blog because I really want to keep up with you. Your children have grown up so much since the last time I saw them. They are all so beautiful. You and Scott haven't aged a bit. :) I sure wish we could run together. How fun would that be?! Hopefully I'll run into you one of these days at the temple or something. As far as a marathon goes...teaching seminary definitely counts. :) I'm sure you're an AMAZING teacher!
Had a fun time reading your update!! Sounds like life is super busy!!! And we thought we were busy when all the kids were little!!! Too bad we didn't realize that was the picnic! :)
Loved the pictures!! I feel your pain about how hard it is to get pictures on and how long it takes to blog...sometimes I think if I just did it once a week, like I used to send emails it wouldn't be so bad!
Good luck with everything!!! :)
Your kids are so amazing and cool. Is it summer yet for you? We have to do school a little bit all summer because of all the medical stuff earlier in the year.
I can't believe we start the seminary thing next year..At least I will only have to get Zoey there.
Your kids are getting so big. You guys sound like you are happily busy.
Post a Comment