

We headed to Austin on Thursday morning. "We" = Scott, Quinn, Tanner and me. Eldon and Stephanie kindly took Connor and Allison with them on Wednesday while Scott was still working. The kids and some of the dads and grandpa played touch football on Thursday morning. Sara, Anne and I went for a walk. Allison, Mattie and Thomas played by the water. Sara's Scott and my Scott went for a run at Barton Creek Friday morning. We ate and ate both days. I wish grandma was feeling better. I did pedicures on the little girls. UT beat A&M. It was a good time and it's good to be home! Thanks to Edd and Anne driving 8 hours - each way - to spend time with us.

Scott likes Thanksgiving more than Christmas (he likes Christmas, but he really likes Thanksgiving.) I'm starting think the same thing. I love Christmas, but there are some wonderful things about Thanksgiving. I like the food and the company, and there isn't the worry of gifts. The whole month of November is a reminder about looking for what we have, instead of what we don't.
I have loved seeing my friends' gratitude lists on their blogs or FB this past month. I, too, am grateful for so many things:
Family, friends, home, food, clothes, Church, love, kindness, generosity and hope. The list would keep going on and on, but those are some thoughts that came quickly.
Awhile back (March 2007), I made a list in my journal of 100 things I was grateful for. I'll share some random things on that list (it started and ended with Scott, so I guess I really only came up with 99).....
Jesus Christ
seasons
fresh starts
Braum's milk
earth
exercise
sleep
beauticians
Mrs. Burcie
surprises
routines
friendship
my education
rocking a baby to sleep
prayer
imagination
weather
tender mercies
Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for each of you who takes the time to read my blog. It's nice to have a little place to go to share my world. Thank you for being part of it! Happy Thanksgiving!
2 comments:
i loved your list and i loved your photos. it was great catching up on your family this morning.
if i haven't told you lately, i'm very thankful for you!
Thanksgiving really is a great time.
Post a Comment