Today a friend from high school, who I connected with through FB, came over! Amy (DeRouen) with her husband and twin girls actually were in my house! It really couldn't have been about 20 years that have passed since high school, but I guess I turned 18 when I was a senior, and now I'm not 18!
We laughed and talked and her husband was kind to let us do that for the morning. She is amazing. It was just so good to see her and her darling family. What a neat treat this Thanksgiving season. Amy was visiting her parents, who live right by Martin HS. Small world. I appreciated her taking the time away from her family to spend some time with me.
Scott and Quinn missed it, as they were on a 50 mile bike ride for Quinn's scouting merit badge. Quinn called and they are finished with it. I'm proud of them. It only took all day (they went out to Lake Mineral Wells to ride).
We laughed and talked and her husband was kind to let us do that for the morning. She is amazing. It was just so good to see her and her darling family. What a neat treat this Thanksgiving season. Amy was visiting her parents, who live right by Martin HS. Small world. I appreciated her taking the time away from her family to spend some time with me.
Scott and Quinn missed it, as they were on a 50 mile bike ride for Quinn's scouting merit badge. Quinn called and they are finished with it. I'm proud of them. It only took all day (they went out to Lake Mineral Wells to ride).
1 comments:
That's so weird Patti! I didn't know that you knew her too and I was just thinking about her the other day! Wow. She still has her pretty red hair!
Post a Comment