It's been far too long since I've posted last and I can't seem to add pictures. Weird (about the pictures, not the not posting for so long).
So, I guess I'll write now and post pictures later. But, it's hard to write without pictures.
John and Melissa visited....we laughed and talked. We wanted to go to Lake Mineral Wells to see Sara and Scott, but it rained and rained. So, Sara and Scott came here, as did Eldon and Stephanie. We made our own fun.... the dads made a homemade boogie/surf board the kids used in the way-back field in the puddles of water.
Quinn went to scout camp. Scott was there for a chunk of the time. He caught a fish and made a hut to sleep in for wilderness survival. He has had a crazy-good time playing on 4 post season baseball teams. That was pretty cool (actually the games were SO HOT to be at in June and July). He's taking some math tutoring this summer -- making sure he knows what was covered last year and getting a head start for this coming year. He also got bottom braces put on. Ouch!
Connor made me proud by receiving one of the VFW awards at school. They would read a little about the student before presenting the award. Scott and I got to go up front to receive it with him. There were maybe 6 girls and 6 boys from the 4th grade selected. We have rented his cello that he will play in orchestra at school this fall. He's pulled it out a couple of times. I like it (and I think he does, too).
Tanner went to Twilight Cub Scout camp. He had a great time doing BBs and archery, etc. All of us participated (Scott was a nurse for a couple days, Traci & I ran the arts/crafts class, Connor was in the Webelos II group, Allison in a sibling patrol, and Quinn helped a couple of days.) Tanner's been loving going swimming this summer, but is really looking forward to TACKLE football this fall--I have gone against my better judgement and registered him.
Allison keeps turning kartwheels and doing splits around the house. She just finished painting one of the boys' boxes they made at cub scout camp. She's been playing babies like crazy, ever since Scott got down the boxes that have the old baby clothes in! She has been swimming this summer, but she keeps swimming with one hand, since she plugs her nose with the other! What's a mom to do?
I am now in the Primary again! Jackpot. I love working with the children. I get to teach Sharing Time this Sunday. It's about Family Home Evening. I can't wait.
Scott took me to Lake Whitney B&B recently. It was a great get-away. He's also taking a few days off next week where we'll go on a little trip, this time with the kids.
On my run this morning, I was considering a post about numbers and July----
We've been married 16 years on the 23rd
Quinn turns into a teenager (13) on the 16th
Scott took me to Lake Whitney B&B recently. It was a great get-away. He's also taking a few days off next week where we'll go on a little trip, this time with the kids.
On my run this morning, I was considering a post about numbers and July----
We've been married 16 years on the 23rd
Quinn turns into a teenager (13) on the 16th
It's been 4 years since we've been trying to add a baby to our family
July is a happy and sad marker of time.
I love being married and having kids, I'm happy and sad to see them get older and realize that Quinn will leave home in 5 years....Allison is only 5.
They are just numbers, right?
(But they are tied to my heart!)
I love being married and having kids, I'm happy and sad to see them get older and realize that Quinn will leave home in 5 years....Allison is only 5.
They are just numbers, right?
(But they are tied to my heart!)
5 comments:
Wow Patti--you're good at "sentimental." ...and so clever--coming at it with numbers. It sounds like you're being a really good mom. Enjoy it!
I love the update! And I really miss you!
(Sorry I didn't call you back last week. Ethan had/has a double ear infection and ruptured ear drum. He was grounded from swimming while he was on another round of antibiotics and ear drops.)
I agree with Dallan... you're being a really good mom. Your kids are so smart and well-behaved. I would love to do the B&B thing for our 3-year anniversary but I still need to convince Eldon. ;)
It's so fun to hear what you are all up to! So are you a councilor in Primary? I'm wondering what my next calling will be. So far I've been without for about 2 1/2 months. 1 1/2 in Houston and 1 month here. I joke that I should just be called to Nursery since I'm in there nearly every week.
You guys have really been busy. I can't believe you have a teenager. You look great.
Post a Comment