Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's been too long






I guess maybe I'm not going to try to catch up ;) I can put whatever I would like to on my blog whenever I can. Hopefully, that will help me not to worry about keeping this blog in perfect order!





(and I'm reading a little here and there in a book that reminds me that I don't have to choose all or nothing...think it will help?)

Connor won the elementary school spelling bee, only to be knocked out in the first round of a district bee....can you spell "tandoori?"

Tanner chose to make a lightning bolt for his pinewood derby. Scott chose to still make it fast....he placed 2nd. He also got an award for the "Most Metallic!"

We've missed 5 days total lately of school and seminary due to the winter weather. It was such a nice break! It was great having Scott home and I loved the fun each day of hearing that school was indeed cancelled for the next day (okay, so it started to get a little old, but then it snowed, so it was good!)

We got to have Sophie stay with us while E&S had Elinor.

For Christmas Scott got the family tickets to Jim Brickman. Wow! He surprised me with it before Christmas. It was fun to look forward to after the holidays (the concert was in Dallas at the beginning of January). I get that sad-kinda-feeling (like Tanner does) about taking down the Christmas tree and the holidays ending. I really enjoyed taking the kids to experience something I like. Allison commented that it was making her tired (b/c we'd play Brickman at bedtime ;)


3 comments:

Leah Prince said...

Nice to hear from you on the blog!!!

Jami said...

It doesn't matter what you write, I just love hearing what's going on with you guys. I can't believe how big the kids have gotten.

Oh, the baptism dress was supper simple. I'm sure you could do even better than I did on it.

Dan Prince said...

Those are some good updates. You've got talented kids (even Scott is pretty talented--it's not easy placing in pine wood derby!). As long as your posts are about events that happened within the last two or three years, I think that's good enough.