End of Summer 2008
Now that the summer comes to a close, I look back at for a second......
Quinn turned the big 1-2. He is getting quite responsible. He worried about all his school supplies this year. He found what he could around the house and we went and bought the rest. By the way, his lunch is all packed and in the fridge ready for his first day at Junior High!
Connor can ride his bike without any hands. He also can keep going when he wants to stop......When we were at Burger's Lake this summer, Connor and I started swimming to reach some diving boards in the middle of the lake. We soon realized it was too far. We couldn't turn back. He started to panic (I did too.) He wanted to quit and to hold on to me. I was waving my arm trying to get a lifeguard's attention. I didn't know for sure how serious of a situation I was in. I should've started yelling. I knew I couldn't swim with him holding onto me, so I had to keep encouraging him. He was amazing. I can think about him when I am running and am wanting to give up! Connor is my hero. Oh, and he doesn't complain when he has to do his kitchen job now. That's cool, too.
Tanner. That little guy rides his bike without his hands, too! He actually did it before Connor. Connor wants to know he can do something before he tries. Tanner, he just tries! I want to always remember that this was the summer he got so bored he taught himself how to play the piano. Speaking of those kitchen jobs, he whined like crazy tonight about sweeping, so maybe next summer?
Allison? Well, she has accomplished the task of getting to hold baby Maira, finally. Scott's cousin, Melissa Richey has been living here the past year and was pregnant most of it. Now, Tim, Melissa, and Kade are off to Abilene and took baby Maira, too! At least Allison got her for an evening. She's glad Maira left a pacifier behind.
School starts tomorrow..... I will miss those boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Posted by Patti at 5:17 PM
Labels: End of Summer 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment